29 June 2008

Daring Bakers: Danish Braid

Danish braid

One summer afternoon, Sara-Piperita goes to her usual Support Group: Anonymous Daring Bakers Challenged With Some Basic Preparation, ADBCWSBP (meetings every end of the month, day vary).
As usually, she meets with her fellow companions (some very skilled!!!), but this time is her turn to step in front of everybody and speak about the dreadful challenge of all...
"Hi, my name is Piperita and I'm puff pastry (and similar) challenged..."
A cheerful "Hi Piperita" comes from the audience...
Then she begin, tears dropping form her eyes, to tell her story...
"My problems with puff pastry began many years ago. Everybody love to make puff pastry. And many people told me that it is so simple that even a child can do it... I never could... I was always too hasty, or too afraid, or the room was too hot, or the pastry simply wouldn't puff...
I tried many recipes, work it in many ways, but nothing: I simply couldn't... It has always been one of the big flaws of my life..."
When she finishes, everybody stand up and begin to hug her... She feels sightly relived...
Then Kelly and Ben come up to the group and they begin to explain that they have the perfect recipe for Danish puff pastry. [Danish is slightly different form "normal" puff pastry, as it uses yeast to boost puffness...]
Piperita begins to cry again, mummling: "No, no, I possibly cannot... I even tried Nigella Lawson's recipe for Danish, where she allegedly says it's possible to make it with a mixer, with not so many turns and time, but even with that easy peasy recipe, I couldn't!"
Kelly and Ben try to comfort her, to convince her to give a try...
She finnaly surronder...
Sara- Piperita gave a try to Kelly and Ben Danish pastry...
Sara-Piperita isn't anymore afraid of Danish pastry or puff pastry!
Sara-Piperita succeded!!!
Now she can concentrate on the rest of her unberable flaws...

Viennoiseries